Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Smart Women Know'How to Make Music"

While on our way to school listening to a solo piano CD this morning, (it’s a great tool that I use to calm everyone down after a hectic morning rushing to get out the door!) my 5 year old daughter Jenna asked me, “Mom, how do you make music?” It reminded me of when I was a little girl and my piano teacher once told me, “It’s the space between the notes that makes the music.”
I did not fully understand the value of her answer back then. Most days I just wanted to hurry up and finish my lesson so I could get outdoors and chase a ball! If it’s the space between the notes that makes music, let me ask you - Are you creating some space in your life to make your music? If your life, dreams, and goals were a song, what would it sound like? Do your days have “space between” all of the “to-do’s”, or is it one long note being held down?
If you find it difficult to see where the “space between” might be for you, that’s not surprising. Our society is one that thrives on productivity 24/7. We have technology available to keep us connected to the world at any time of the day or night. It’s “un-American” to not be busy all the time. I was a very “busy” woman for many years, especially in my 30’s. My motto was, “Never put off until tomorrow what you can get done right now!” My life was one long musical note fading into the background.
When I realized that giving myself plenty of space and time was the secret to creating my own life’s music, I made a plan to make it happen. I began to create that quiet space so that I could make sure that “my music” was alive and full of energy and had a big presence in my life.
How about you? Are you making your music? Have you created a life full of inspired action, passion, and purpose? Does your Big Idea make a musical melody that calls out to you every day? When it happens, it is the most magical sound that you will ever hear. The doors of possibility open to you everywhere you turn. Why? Because it’s your song, your music, and it flows naturally inside of you. The women in my Success Circles are focused on creating the “space between the notes.” They are boldly creating their music and their song in their lives. They have given themselves permission to live a life full of passion, purpose and dance to their own beat.
I invite you to create “the space between the notes” so you can find your music. We all have a calling, a song inside us that longs to be heard. Remember: There will never be another YOU. Your song is unique and can never live in another person.
I don’t think my daughter Jenna fully understood my answer today. It will be part of my music, my song to encourage her as she gets older, to create her space between her notes, her own music, and her unique life. Anything is possible. Everything is waiting for you.

WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Joy Chudacoff is the founder of Smart Women Smart Solutions, a Certified Professional Coach and Professional Speaker. To read more articles by Joy and learn more about her Success Circle workshops, teleseminars or keynote topics, please visit her website, http://www.SmartWomenSolutions.com

No comments: